Women's History Consortium RCWs
RCW 27.34.370 Responsibility 5
(5) Developing recommendations for statewide commemoration of the centennial of
the adoption in 1910 of the fifth amendment to the Washington state Constitution,
guaranteeing women's suffrage.
This report was submitted to Governor Christine Gregoire, Chair Kathy Haigh and
Members of the House State Government Operations and Accountability Committee; and
Chair Jim Kastama and Members of the Senate Government Operations and Elections
Committee on September 1, 2006. Copies of the report are available from the Women’s
History Consortium, 211 21st Avenue SW, Olympia, WA 98501, 360-586-0171, or email:
Shanna Stevenson, WHC Coordinator.
A copy of the Centennial Report can also be downloaded from the WHC website.
- Completion and submittal of required Suffrage Centennial Recommendations Report on September 1, 2006
PLANNED SUFFRAGE CENTENNIAL COMMEMORATION OUTCOMES:
- Programs and projects in partnership with existing organizations statewide.
- Major exhibit at three venues and traveling exhibit.
- Book about the history of Washington Women’s Suffrage and associated themes.
- Educational materials for the public and schools.
- Special events and programs statewide through a local grant program.