Women's History Consortium
Anna K. Colwell
Anna Colwell, courtesy of Office of the Secretary of State.
- Birth: 1876, Chicago, Illinois
- Death: August 30, 1941, Seattle, Washington
- Party Affiliation: Republican
- Years Served: 1920-1923
- Office: Representative
- District: 49 (Snohomish County)
Moved from Chicago to Seattle in 1876. Married to John R. Colwell, had three children. Lived in Marysville from 1919-1921.
Eastern Star, Queen City Chapter. Active in lodge work.
Legislative and State Service
Appointed to serve in the 1920 Executive Session for Charles W. Gorham, deceased.
Committees: (1921) Claims and Auditing; Public Morals, chairman; State Charitable, Penal and Reformatory Institutions; State Soldiers’ and Veterans’ Homes
House Bills sponsored: (1921 session)
- 40-Relating to marriage and providing when males and females may marry. Went to third reading.
- 41-Relating to the age of majority. Went to third reading.
- 57-Relating to the use of public highways, providing for the licensing of motor vehicles. Went to first reading.
Leadership, Positions, and Appointments
State President of the Fraternal Congress, n.d.